As a Hospital or Health Care Organization
- Adopt and report on the Million HeartsÂ® Clinical Quality Measures.
- Use electronic health records to track patient and team progress over time and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Provide timely feedback on performance to clinical teams.
- Recognize and reward high-performing teams.
- Implement systems to alert clinicians about patientsâ€™ patterns of high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and smoking status.
- Support titration of hypertension and cholesterol medications by clinical team members via a physician-approved protocol.
- Ensure that menu items are low- or lower-sodium.
- Place lower-sodium, more healthful options near the point of purchase.
- Replace vending machine foods with more healthful choices.
- Use pricing strategies as incentives for purchasing healthful foods.
- Use "traffic lights" to identify foods that are considered healthy and foods that are high in sodium.
- Establish purchasing requirements with nutrition standards for foods served in the cafeteria, vending machines, cafĂ© carts, gift shops, and franchises.
- Offer only healthful, lower-sodium food at meetings and workshops hosted by or at your hospital.
- Create a smoke-free campus.
- Offer behavioral counseling and pharmacotherapy to employees at no or low cost.
- Select and report on smoking cessation measure NQF 0028/PQRS 226.
By clicking 'Count Me In', you are pledging your support to Million Hearts®. By becoming a pledge, you allow CDC and HHS to use and share information you provide in order to further the Million Hearts® goal. This information includes: your city, state, zip code, and date and time of your pledge. As federal organizations, CDC and HHS must disclose all information as required by law.
By providing your e-mail address you allow CDC and HHS to send you Million Hearts® related news and information. There will be an opportunity to unsubscribe should you choose to stop receiving these updates.