As an Individual
- Talk to your family to understand risks for heart disease and stroke that might be passed down from generation to generation.
- Get active by exercising for 30 minutes on most days of the week.
- Know your ABCS:
- Ask your health care professional about taking Aspirin.
- Make control your goal: if you have high Blood Pressure, work with your health care professional to get it under control.
- Manage high Cholesterol.
- Stop Smokingâ€”or don't start.
- Eat a heart-healthy diet that is high in fresh fruits and vegetables and low in sodium, saturated and trans fat, and cholesterol.
- Follow your health care professional's instructions when it comes to taking medications or measuring your blood pressure at home.
By clicking 'Count Me In', you are pledging your support to Million Hearts®. By becoming a pledge, you allow CDC and HHS to use and share information you provide in order to further the Million Hearts® goal. This information includes: your city, state, zip code, and date and time of your pledge. Your first name and last initial will not be stored. As federal organizations, CDC and HHS must disclose all information as required by law.